Mountain Flower Goat Dairy is Hiring!
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com with subject line “Part-time Program Manager”
Position: Part-time Program Manager
Mountain Flower Goat Dairy seeks a creative and driven individual to join our team. We are looking for someone passionate about small-scale urban farming, land conservation, humane animal husbandry, food systems, and farm education. We are seeking a motivated self-starter who is willing to jump right into a dynamic role and make it their own. If you have a background in program management, have strong communication skills, and are interested in growing with a small-scale non-profit, this could be the role for you.
This position is designed to manage and facilitate overall on the ground program operations and other administrative duties throughout the year. Frequent work on Saturdays required during high season (April-July). This job requires some moderately physical work.
- Preferred bachelor’s degree in related field
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in program management and business development
- 3-5 years work experience
- Adaptable and a good team player
- Proficient in Google platform, social media platforms, Microsoft Office
- Demonstrated success in business development and fundraising
- Demonstrated experience in working with people of diverse ages and backgrounds
- Prefer someone familiar with small-scale farming practices
This role will be part-time, 20-30 hours per week. Starting pay is $15 – $17 per hour, depending on experience. No health insurance offered.
Educational Program Management:
- Lead on-site and off-site programs, workshops, and small-scale public speaking events with an in-depth knowledge of Mountain Flower Dairy offerings
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of all educational information provided to patrons at the farm, and ability to communicate clearly and charismatically
- Manage inquiries and booking requests via email and phone call
- Track invoices and payments as pertaining to each booked program
- Ensure programs are adequately staffed
- Manage all Eventbrite postings, tracking, and ticket sales
- Maintain program calendar as needed
- Coordinate public visiting hours between the months of May and October. This position requires ability to plan ahead and fully staff all visiting hours for the year and active participation in a majority of visiting hours events at Mountain Flower Dairy. (Approx. 13 per year)
Volunteer Program Management:
- Review incoming volunteer applications, plan volunteer orientations every 2-4 months depending on current farm needs
- Facilitate all volunteer communication before and after orientations
- Manage online volunteer database
Summer Camp Program Support:
- Correspond with community partners to support summer camp operations
- Assist summer camp coordinator in overall operations of 9-week summer camp
- Oversee CIT (Counselor in Training) program
- Help maintain annual grant that supports our CIT program
- Other duties as assigned
We are looking for someone interested in growing with the organization and jumping in on additional tasks that may include fundraising, business development, and farm work. This role has potential to move to full-time in the future.